Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The missing blue book


I seem to have a collection of blank books. 
My favoriet is a blue leather bound book with
marble edges. I have been stalking this book at Borders Book store for months. They wanted way too much money for such a small book. What was I going to do with it anyway, keep it blank? This does not make me happy.  I check on it every time I visit it here there. I always think Im going to the magizines but then there's the blank book section, right there, suck in like a tracker beam.
The book is $30 dollars! It must be some mistake surly it has been mismarked. Nope. The store confirmed that they wanted too much for a little book. AND its the only one of its kind. I tried to forget about this book. For some reason I could not bring myself to use a 40% off coupon and just get the damn book. 

And then it disappeared...
Now I have had moments of panic that someone had finally purchased my book. But I have usually found it misplaced, moved, hidden by inferior blank books. Once is was unlocatable but I found it the next time I went. Now we are playing hide and seek? But this time it was gone. Poof :(

I am sucker for blank books? Inspiration? I have a whole collection of blank books as you seen but this one was special. And now it is forever special for the book came back to me.
On my birthday it appeared by way of my best friend Amanda. I forgot I had stalked the book in her presence . Not sure she should have paid for that much for that blank book (hope she used the coupon) but I am glad she did!

Of course I can't bring myself to write in it :)

3 comments:

blastfromthepastodu said...

I wonder if the Sealakamp nation is still thriving?

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, it was worth it to see the shock on your face at the party. Smooches!

rox said...

that was hysterical - all that for a blank book - only to not be able to write in it. I guess you are having problems with the Uranus - Saturn stuff. Uranus represents anything that could be created - all possibility - and Saturn represents the limitation inherient in bringing it to fruition. For instance if you paint a room blue that means you eliminated green gray red and all the other possibilities. And having lived with an artist the disappointment that manifests when they finally bring the thing to completion - and it doesn't look like the uranian version in their head. I think it is challenge of the artist to understand the process and learn to live with it.